This week I have mostly been getting over my Christmas anxiety and malaise and getting on with the first necessary steps in order to start feeling a little bit on top of it all. Having said that I still have a lot to do!
During the week I have:
Made a homemade snowglobe
- Made some jars of homemade brandied cherries (for gifts)
- Bought some books, pyjamas, santa hats, advent chocolates, slipper socks and a special silver reindeer bell for the children (plus a few other miscellaneous bits and bobs)
- Bought some more supplies for gifts in jars from Amazon (deliveries are all a bit sporadic and haphazard though!)
- Taken the children to see Santa arrive on a ‘monster truck’ at the local garden centre
- Booked tickets for the children to visit (another) Santa at Osterley Park and House (National Trust) this Sunday
- Attempted (unsuccessfully) to establish just what we intend to do with ourselves on Christmas day
- Chosen my food for my work’s Christmas meal at All Bar One
- Agreed with a good friend to book tickets for this year’s Woking panto starring, once again, JJ’s favourite, Justin Fletcher (AKA Mr Tumble).
- Confirmed a Christmas Eve lunch with my cousins and children.
Next steps will be sourcing presents for the hubster, EJ, my step daughter, my nephews, nieces, my Mum and Dad, Sisters and Brother in Laws, deciding what to wear and buying, writing and sending Christmas Cards. Phew!
I realise that this all might seem a lot of thoughts about Christmas already but for me, it seems less like four weeks and more like four days (i.e. four days without the children!). I will need to decide when to put up some decorations (I’m erring on later rather than sooner just because of the EJ destruction factor 🙂 ) and then making sure I still have the time to get all the presents wrapped and ready to pile around the tree cometh the hour…
Writing all this down makes me feel a bit happier about where I’m at with the preparations – once I feel I’ve made some in-roads I can start to relax and breathe again 🙂
How are your preparations going?
Have a fab weekend WOTWers!