If you could have the choice between time and money which would you choose? I’m genuinely interested to know if people without children would go for money because its not until you have children that you realise that time is actually the most valuable resource in the world and, as the song goes, you only need the light when its burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow…and ‘spare’ time when you realise you have just signed up for a mammoth 24/7 job for X years (add the number yourself depending on subjective opinion)…
Lately I have had a lot of thoughts going through my mind to the point that I decided to write myself a To Do list. Here is the list:
- Fill out passport applications for me and EJ (mine being a ten year renewal). (This with the thought in mind that we might actually be able to book a holiday in October, finances allowing).
- Buy a new, up to date smartphone which will actually allow me to take Instagram and good quality photographs. (Do this through Vodafone to qualify for 20% staff discount on monthly charges).
- Find out whether I’m locked into mobile contract with Virgin and what I would have to do/pay to get out.
- After buying new phone apply for staff discount within allocated time period.
- Book a party venue for JJ’s birthday (which is only five weeks away :-/)
- Book a bouncy castle/entertainer for party.
- Buy party necessities
- Buy JJ’s birthday presents.
- Book an appointment for EJ to have his 12/13 month innoculations.
- Ignore entire list and proceed to become increasingly stressed about everything…
These are all the things I should be doing (minus that last one!) whilst I am actually: reading other people’s blog posts; searching for blogging inspiration; attempting to boost my readership by signing up for as many linkies and networks and communities as I can possibly think of; wondering how the hell someone with six children can post consistently funny entries on a regular basis.