The above is a quote from You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown and was MumturnedMom‘s prompt for week five of her Prompt linky.
I’m revisiting this post for this week’s Theme Game theme of ‘Love’ as, although this was originally inspired by thinking about happiness, the things you love are instricably linked with happiness and the two pretty much go hand in hand!
It would be impossible to narrow down what person or thing I love (although obviously I love my family and friends above all else) so I’ve decided that the best way forward is a good old list of all the wonderful things that make me happy:
- That feeling you get round about the first week of April when the sun comes out and suddenly you realise that there are blossoms on the trees and winter has finally slung its hook.
- An empty summers afternoon in which to lie in the sun whether it be by a pool, on a beach or in your own back garden, and read a good book with an ice cold drink close at hand.
- Sneaking into the semi-darkness of my children’s room and watching them sleep like little fluffy haired, precious, innocent, adorable little angels – my angels!
- Sitting in a darkened cinema or theatre knowing that you are about to be brilliantly entertained.
- Taking a step back from anything that you’ve created from scratch and feeling a sense of pride and achievement.
- My ‘Dorothy’ shoes:
- Setting off for an airport with an adventure ahead of you.
- The sense of anticipation as you open the cover of a new book that you’ve been dying to get your hands on.
- Anything that makes me laugh (particularly the likes of Spaced – Simon Pegg and Nick Frost at their best – or Friday Night Dinner “Shit on it!!!” [pardon my French!] or any Mel Brooks film, especially The Producers)
- My mum’s roast dinners
- A long, restful, dreamless sleep.
And so to bed….